- Sawyer Library- Located right at 73 Tremont, I find that the Sawyer Library can be an awesome spot to complete any looming group projects. The study rooms can be reserved in two hour blocks, but it’s best to book these rooms in advance as they’re very popular. Extended hours for the library are typically made during finals week, which can be helpful for those of us that pull all-nighters a few more times than we’d like to admit.
- Caffé Nero- This welcoming little coffee shop can be found at 560 Washington Street and offers a seating area that is perfect for diving into a load of coursework. The shop offers delicious Italian coffee if you’re in the need for some caffeine, alongside drinks such as hot chocolate and apple cider. Nothing has ever made working on finals so calming as munching on a croissant and muffin, while typing away on your laptop.
- Boston Public Library- The Boston Public Library acts as a sweet getaway from campus into a quiet and relaxing area. Because most people in the Boston Public Library come across as very studious, it’s easy to be inspired to complete your work. The beautiful rooms make up one of my favorite spots around Boston, and are impeccable for this semester’s finals week.
- The laundry room of 10 West- The laundry room seems like a weird place to spend your time, but the sound of washers turning as they enter the spin cycle almost has a relaxing and poetic quality. Since few people walk by- especially during the week- it is a quiet spot that may only be an elevator ride away from your dorm room.
- Explorateur Café- A bit pricier than comparable shops, Explorateur offers a cozy and aesthetically pleasing environment to grab a sandwich and get to work. This café is located at 186 Tremont Street and is only a short walk from Suffolk’s dormitories and classrooms.
- 73 Lounge, 9th Floor of 73 Tremont- Come by the Division of Student Success and study in our special common room devoted to students. The room is peaceful and comfortable with gorgeous views that overlook the city. If you find yourself having trouble with you work, it’s as simple as going to the front desk on this floor to make an appointment to be tutored at the CLAS!
Now that you have a few study spots, it’s time to get studying! Try to keep your stress levels low and motivation high, and visit the CLAS for study tips, tutoring, and more as we wrap up the semester.
CLAS Writing Tutor