Paper & Plastic
- When in class, try taking notes on your laptop to save some paper. Typed notes are easier to read and keep track of! If you need to take down written notes, make sure to use both sides of the paper!
- Wash and reuse dishes and cups instead of using paper or plastic, but be sure to use only as much water as you need!
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. If you’re like me, you probably turn the faucet on and leave it running full blast while you’re brushing your teeth. Then, you run to grab your phone or throw something in your backpack, and before you know it the water has been running unused for 5 minutes. If we all just turn that faucet off while brushing our teeth, we can save 8 gallons of water a day (EPA Water Sense).
- Take a shorter shower.
- Get a reusable water bottle. This is good way to conserve water because you won’t be tempted to throw away a plastic water bottle with only few sips taken out of it. This is also a way to cut down on your plastic usage. If you’re a part of CLAS, make sure to use the beautiful new water bottles we’ve been given!
- Turn off the lights every time you leave the room.
- Unplug your phone charger when it’s not in use. It’s still using energy if it’s plugged into the wall and not your phone!
- Program your computer to switch to Sleep Mode when not in use.
The event will be held on Earth Day, April 22nd, in the Donahue basement from 12-4PM.
Hope to see you there and Happy Earth Day!